The Gravity of Love


grav·i·ty  (grv-t)
n.
1. Physics
a. The natural force of attraction exerted by a celestial body, such as Earth, upon objects at or near its surface, tending to draw them toward the center of the body.
b. The natural force of attraction between any two massive bodies, which is directly proportional to the product of their masses and inversely proportional to the square of the distance between them.
...

We fell from a height
You, a broken thread and I, a kite
On the moon or the stars, together we'd fall
Guided by gravity and nothing else to stall

We fell on earth
It was us against the world
You fell first, you fell in love
As I was ripped apart by gravity and the wind
in different directions,  blinded by the din

The din of kids who picked you up and took you away
while others chased me in earnest anticipation
As gravity fought the wind and I floated for the rest of the day
Time  cut our ties into pieces in inverse proportion
of the square of the distance

By the time I fell ,  I fell in love
straight into what seemed like a big black hole
A place of infinite gravity where someone once told me, time stops altogether
I laughed at the irony of destiny's die-roll
Wouldn't that be the perfect place to love you, for ever and ever?



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Aupsy,
How's everythin going?
Nice to see u still rolling on the blogosphere..
How do u manage the time???!

Aupsy-The cOOlest One!! said...

lol..One post a year is hardly 'rolling' :) :P

Related Posts with Thumbnails