THE FOUR THINGS (tagged by Nishi)

Four schools/colleges/jobs I’ve been at in my life :

1)Kulachi Hansraj Model School, Ashok Vihar ,Delhi:That was way back in Kindergarten;the only memory i have from there is falling face down just after the assembly got over and getting my knee bruised ;still have the mark which has been too stubborn to go away even after 15 years!!

2) Ryan International School ,Ghaziabad :The school that build my foundation , and helped me become the person that I am today ,with all the creativity bullioned into me right from the very first class that I attended there. The kind of respect the teachers and authorities had there for me still gives me a high .The feeling of everybody knowing you by name is just unsurpassed(though I fail to see the point when i say that,but still it makes one feel like a celebrity!!! lol!!) . Made a lot of good friends ,but not in touch with any of them now. All in all ,had the best 8 years of my life at this school. Even awarded the "all-rounder" and "Genius" neckties and shields when i finally left the school.

3)Montfort School,Ashok Vihar,Delhi: My transition from Delhi-Ghaziabad-Delhi was now complete. Rightly said ,life does come full circle. Cried a lot initially ,what with problems adjusting to a metropolitan city and its self centered people,in addition top being constantly bullied by peers and teachers alike.
My admission to this school was an interesting one though. I arrived at the school with my parents on the day of the test(which incidentally was a month after the session had begun ,on the insistence of my parents ,and ofcourse the "sifaarish" of one MP) ,only to know that the madam who conducts the test had been on leave. I was quite ok with it when the princi said it ,and was actually overjoyed at the thought of returning back to my gud ol' school ,when suddenly my mom began to cry ,that too in front of the princi .She wanted to prove a point maybe ,and told the princi she wants me admitted at any cost. The princi acquiesced ,and decided to take an interview himself,right on the spot. He asked me a few maths problems and some arbit ques. i answered em all helf heartedly ,not caring if theyr'e correct or not, but as luck would have it,the next thing I know was the princi congratulating my parents -"Welcome to the Montfort Family!!". I was too numb to feel anything ,but there I was -admitted to a new school ,without even bidding goodbye to my ol friends. And so the journey began from class VIII onwards.Life had been fairly simple to me before that. The school kinda taught me how to struggle against the odds and prove oneself to the world. It took me a year to assimilate into the class ,and by class IX , I had found a cozy circle of friends and a place in the top five rankers of the class!!

After spending 4 years in this school (and culminating finally with a suspension) ,I walked out after having learned so much from a competetive environment and from the varied kinds of people i met here. But in all respects ,i owe a lot to it...including the fact that it enabled me to meet the one i respect the most,love the most...ahem ahem....

4) IIT Roorkee:Aasman se tapka hua khaajoor mein hi atakta hai...no doubt ..here I am !!!No need to say anything about this place....


Four TV shows I love to watch :

If the expected answer is all-time favourites ...here it goes:

1) Tom and jerry, Dexter's Lab, Swat Kats, Ducktales, Alladin, Talespin, Power Rangers, Turtles ....phew!!! I club them as one coz i remember being so hooked on to these as a kid,and they still manage to mesmerise me ,even though they only show silly repeat telecasts now!!!Toons rock!!
There are some things in life which just give you pure bliss, and once youre into them you dnt really have to think too much about anything else. Cartoons are on of 'em.

2)The O.C. : This was one helluva TV Show. Watched it during the first year of college. Cried with it ,laughed with it ,lived with it. 4 seasons of no -nonsense drama. This is reality ,it was good to face it on TV before actually experiencing it!!!!

3)Comedy : Used to watch DIL KYA CHAHTA HAI, KHICHDI, SARABHAI VS SARABHAI, SHARARAT, AND FRIENDS in the days of high school. Now graduated to the likes of COUPLING, HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER, SCRUBS ,etc etc....

4)PRISON BREAK AND HEROES: The best series ever !!!!!! Edge of the seat action....go for it!!!

Four places I have lived :

1)Delhi : why ofcourse!!! :D
2)Ghaziabad: those were the days....
3)Singapore :well ,almost (used to be there for 2 months everuy year for 3 years!!! ) ...does it qualify???!! ;)
4) London : The question only says "places I have lived" .This is one city I have lived ,seeped through my eyes, soaked in my blood , and felt its air against my face. Yes, I dont care if it was only for a month , I have LIVED this city and its (multi)culture through and through!!!

Four movies I can watch over and over :

1)Kal ho Na Ho: Watched it 50 times already...need i say more?!!! ;)
2)Rang De Basanti :WOW!!! Just opened my eyes ,and during the days we spent rallying against the reservation bill ...this became our inspiration...
3)Mera Pehla Pehla Pyaar : Anything to remind me of my school days...and the innocence!!! :)
4)A Walk to Remember: Cute,mushy and so close to reality...

Four books I liked the most (read in recent times) :

I dont read a lotta books ...so maybe the ones I mention arent the best picks....but still ,lemme tell ya:
1)To Kill A Mocking Bird : Awesome book... so much is said through the innocence and curiosity of a li'l girl whose trying to figure out the world through her eyes. The way she interprets everythin is just so close to what it really is. Somehow wer'e so blinded by our own mask when we grow up that we tend to justify everything that happens according to what is/should be ideal(according the rest of the people) so much so that we seem to be living in a constant illusion,a mirage of our own life...so detached from reality...But the way this book makes one realise it just amazing.
2)Veronica Decides to Die: this one by paulo Cohelo is sweet madness....literally and figuratively.... gives away an instant message about how we should lead our life (and also end it) on our own terms and not how the society dictates it... Also how the constant awareness of death can lead one to cherish his/her life!!!
3)PG Wodehouse-Pelican at Blandings: Laugh riot...typical wodehouse literature!!!
4)Anything for You Ma'm- An IITians love story : This one's to lighten up the load off your life... best romantic novel ive read recently!!

Four places I have been on holiday (in the last couple of years):

1)Goa:cant remember nething beyond it!!! ;)
2)Mumbai
3)Bangalore: courtesy Google
4)Jaipur:awful city :P... seems its called pink city because people have a habit of spitting after chewing tobacco there...so u can find a lotta pink stains!! :P (no offence to Jaipur-ites!!! )
cant remember nething beyond it!!! ;)

Four of my favourite dishes:

If the food is good ,my appetite goes outta control,and here are somethings which can have that kinda effect:
1)Pasta: with mushroom sauce...sumptuous
2)Baked Vegetables with Cheese : Light ,healthy and very very tasty ;)
3)Chilli Potatoes :An awesome Chinese dish!!
4)All things that mom makes at home :maybe due to the rarity of it ;)

Four websites I visit daily:

1)Orkut :cant help ...the addiction refuses to go....
2)Gmail and Hotmail
3)Google.com and Google Groups
4)Blogger blogs

Four places I would rather be right now:

1) In the arms of ...ahem ahem :)....wow!!!
2)Attending a class (coz m bunkin one while writing this!!! )
3)A sea beach...just sittin ...watching the waves hit the shore...
4)At a DJ...can dance anytime of the day!!

Four music tracks playing on my comp(of late):

1)Miss you :Westlife
2)Tears Dont Fall:Bullet For My Valentine
3)When your'e Gone: Avril
4)Ae Kaash ke hum : Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa (SRK's oldy!! )

Four people I am tagging :

1)Anshul
2)Preeti
3)Annie
4)Kriti

Kitna timepass karna hai...bas show khatam ho gaya....ghar jao!! :P

8 comments:

The Wanderer said...

So finally my name has made it to the headlines :) lolz (or the heading line if you please)

Really well done.. hillarious in some places :)

Bunking classes for blogging? Don't blame me :) I said 'tera hi blog hai, aaram se likhiyo' :P

Aupsy-The cOOlest One!! said...

haan haan why not...achha hai ye nai kaha-"apna blog samajh ke hi likhiyo!!!" :P

newaz...m glad I could find a pretext to write a post with ur tag!!

Anonymous said...

gives me enough fodder to keep you talkin.. if i can manage to remember all that,of course and not get too lost and mesmerised every tym.. haha

Aupsy-The cOOlest One!! said...

lol...yeah sure why not...tho now that u have ur fodder...tym for desserts?!!! ;)
When am i gettin mine??

Kriti said...

m tagged too??
n that too the the last one in the list..

tag karna hi tha to sabse pehle karta na...

theek hai theek hai...

u come to delhi... kahin mila na.. to bataungi..

P.s... i kno u'd be equally inaccessible in delhi as ur in roorkee.. wont u? :P

Aupsy-The cOOlest One!! said...

@kriti
chhoooo chhhhorryyyyyy....agli baar se pakka first no pe ....promise ;)

PS:is route ki sabhi liney vyast nahi hain!!! :P

Kriti said...

what is it with tags yaar..
it seems evry1 suffers from a writer's block aftr doing a tag..

or is it .. ahem ahem.. something else...
waiting for ur next post... eagerly..
hope it comes soon..

Aupsy-The cOOlest One!! said...

yeah...i kno...my hands are itching(n esp due to the gr8 weather these days)!!!
But what to do...have bin so busy lately...bt surely will right sumthin by next week...i already have 2-3 posts in drafts...bt then,didnt find them worth posting!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails